Thumbs Up to the New Look of Facebook Business Pages
September 12, 2016
Facebook recently rolled out a new layout for all Facebook Business Pages. The good news – Facebook certainly had businesses in mind when they determined the new design!
The overall look of the new page is cleaner, more professional and enables fans to find pertinent information much quicker than before. Did you notice the change?
10 Changes to Facebook Business Pages
- Cleaner cover photo: Facebook has removed the profile picture from your cover image area. Now your cover photo isn’t interrupted by your profile picture!
- Profile picture’s new position: The profile picture has now moved to the left-hand column. It’s also slightly bigger than it was before.
- Like, Message and Share buttons’ new position: The “Like, Message and Share” buttons have moved underneath your cover image. Again, now your cover photo isn’t interrupted and can shine on it’s own!
- More Page Tabs are visible: Page tabs now appear under your profile picture. On our Facebook, all tabs are listed – Services, Events, Videos, Pinterest, etc.
- Call-to-Action button is bigger AND better: One of the most exciting changes! The CTA button can now be found beneath the cover image. It’s larger size and blue coloring makes it more prominent for fans to click. Invite your fans to take action on your website – Book Now, Shop Now, Sign Up, Watch Video or Learn More.
- Business categories’ new position: Businesses can now choose from one of 27 categories that will be displayed on the right-hand sidebar.
- New search function: Fans can now search for specific posts by using the search bar that’s located on the right-hand sidebar.
- The About section’s new position: Another impressive change! The About section used to get lost with other callouts on the Page. It’s now its own category on the right-hand sidebar.
- Highlight your most important Apps: You can now select which three Apps you would like to highlight. The three that you select are listed with images on the right-hand sidebar.
- Pages are Ad free: Again, another awesome change! Your Pages are now entirely ad free! In the past, ads have appeared on the right-hand sidebar, but Facebook has removed all ads from displaying on Pages.
The Takeaway from Facebook Business Pages Makeover
Overall, the layout is much more user-friendly and organized for fans of your Page (thanks, Facebook)! Pertinent business information is now easily accessible for fans. Embrace the new look!